Here we are!

Here we are!

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Gilroy
So Saturday was the annual shopping trip to Gilroy with my mom, Tim's mom and my SIL, Jen. Jen is 18 weeks pregnant and we were able to find some cute maternity clothes for her. She just found out Monday that they are having a boy! My poor mom will have to wait yet again for a granddaughter. But we had a grand time and talked a lot. We didn't score too big on sales, but it was fun anyway. My deal of the day was a pair of sandals for Daniel for $2.74 at Children's Place. Which leads me to a really funny story. The registers at Children's Place are located in the middle of the store. There are 4 registers forming a square. All four registers each had one person being helped with no line or queue rope anywhere. I just stood near a corner of the counter and about 3 people got in line behind me. An "associate" came over and told us that the line actually started over there (pointing to a small sign hanging from the ceiling, of all places, above a rack of clothing). Seeing that the 4 of us in line had very confused looks on our faces, she walked us personally to the spot where the ambiguous "line" started. I was so happy to be the first one in this newly formed line. Then, in true Saturday Night Live fashion, the "associate" walked back to her register (mind you the register is about 12 yards away) and looked over at us and said "I can help the next person in line." I looked around for Ben Stiller, thinking that something like this can only happen in one of his movies. But we had lots of fun and returned home tired.

2 comments:

Linda said...

The "associate" - unbelievable! Hmm... I think I smell control issues. Or possibly a fundamentalist mentality.

Glad you had fun. Wish I could have been there, too!

Christa said...

I am laughing out loud. Oh how ridiculous people can be!