Here we are!

Here we are!

Sunday, May 16, 2010

The Cover Girl Challenge


Here is my review on a couple new products from Cover Girl. I got samples to try out from BzzAgent.com which is a word-of-mouth marketing network. I report about my "word-of-mouth" about the products, and they give me free products to talk about.

Cover Girl has an eye shadow stick called Smoky Shadowblast for eyes. For lips, they offer Shineblast Lip Gloss. I received Silver Sky for eyes and Smolder for lips.

I started out with clean, makeup-free eyes and documented each step with pictures. (And it is not easy to take your own picture without looking cross-eyed, ha ha.)

Here is the "Before" picture:




Here is after "Step 1" which is a rounded end for shading the lid:

Here is after "Step 2" which is a tapered end for lining the crease and lids:

Here is after adding my own eye liner and mascara:

Here is ONE HOUR after application:
Here is TWO HOURS after application:
Yuck! This product is not worth the time it took to remove it!

Here are my naked lips:
Here are my lips with Shineblast Lip Gloss:

So, a little gloss and not much color. I think I'll stick with other glosses. I don't need to apply color and then apply gloss. A one-step product would be much better.

I would not recommend either of these products. What do you think?

3 comments:

JHNickodemus said...

The eye shadow is pretty cool! Your eye liner skills are pretty impressive! I keep trying...no such luck!

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!!!

The Isaacs said...

Tracy, seriously, you are my go-to person if I am in need of some freebies or good deals! You've mentioned several cool websites in the last little while!